Monday, April 30, 2012

Do You Baby Center Too?

I totally signed up for Baby Center's pregnancy updates via email. Do you do that? I didn't with the first two, but this time I decided why not?! This is as close as I'll ever get to being pregnant. I might as well enjoy the fun facts.

Here's the "34 weeks" update from my inbox:

"Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers – which she'll need to regulate her body temperature once she's born – are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies."

I keep getting asked if we're ready for our baby....is anyone ever really ready? I've prepared as much as possible and I'll get on that airplane as soon as we get the call. I am ready to meet our little one. I'm not ready to leave my two kids for two weeks and come back with a newborn. The adjustment period just plain stinks. But this is our way to our children and we'll do whatever it takes to get them all home. Only a few weeks left now....

1 comment:

  1. I subscribed to BabyCenter when Liam's birth mother chose us. I still get them, and in fact I got one today!

    I hope the next few weeks go by quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts