....
Since we went to Oahu we had to visit the Polynesian Cultural Center. It was a must see event. ZJ really enjoyed the drums.
He also slept thru the entire night show at the Cultural Center so that was awesome. We really enjoyed it and didn't have to worry about the baby fussing.
The next day we decided to do another hike. This one in the jungle. Oh yeah, it was hot! I guess the whole time we were there on Oahu they were experiencing the Kona wind. Yeah that means NO wind at all. So sad.
Anyway, here we are at the Moana Falls. We also got bit by mosquitoes. I guess the guide books weren't kidding about taking bug spray. Maybe next time.
There are a bunch of neat trees there:
One of the last days we went to the Honolulu Zoo. ZJ liked it!

The last two days we rented a car and I'm so glad we did. We were able to see a lot more of the island and at our own pace. This is Sunset Point. Very beautiful!

ZJ really seemed to like Sunset Point!
While we were on the North Shore we had to try Macky's shrimp even though it was only about 10:30 a.m. It was yummy!
By the time we got to the Blowhole ZJ was taking a nap so a nice lady took our picture. It was really windy there! I think the breeze came back because we were getting ready to head home.
Very cool.
ZJ fell asleep a lot in the car. Here we are at the Temple. We had to see it and it is beautiful.

Here we're visiting Marriott Ko'Olina. It was seriously posh. If I could live there I would.
The plants there are bigger than ZJ.
One last time at the beach. This was at the Marriott's basically private beach. It was so nice to just relax and let ZJ play in the sand. He loved it!
Unfortunately he also loved crawling toward the ocean full speed ahead! I guess we need to teach him that he can't swim by himself yet.

One last time at the beach. This was at the Marriott's basically private beach. It was so nice to just relax and let ZJ play in the sand. He loved it!
Unfortunately he also loved crawling toward the ocean full speed ahead! I guess we need to teach him that he can't swim by himself yet.
Time to go home :( The worst part of any trip. This flight was also in the middle of the night. It was fine for ZJ, but Ron and I probably only slept an hour. That's what vacations are all about, right?
Gorgeous pics! Makes me want to go back. Right now. :) I'm glad that you guys had such a fun time. Looks like ZJ is a great little traveler. That flight home is totally the worst (for the adults).
ReplyDeleteLooks like y'all had a lot of fun in Ha-va-ee!
ReplyDeleteCUTE! Love the pics. What a fun vacation!
ReplyDelete