Busy, busy, busy. Life. BUT finally a post about our trip!
When the chance to go to Hawaii came up, how could we possibly say no?
I have to admit though, I was nervous how the baby would handle the six hour flight and four hour time difference. I had nightmarish thoughts of him screaming the whole way there.
Friends and family said, "Just leave him with us for the week."
But leaving ZJ behind was not an option for us.
We had so many years of just the two of us traveling.
Sure he won't remember it, but Ron and I will.
This is our first family trip.
(And what great memories we're making.)
ZJ's first steps on Waikiki Beach.
Our hotel was just a short distance from the beach. It was a busy beach, but it was beautiful. 
This was shortly after our flight landed.
We walked over to the beach to relax and take some photos.
This was shortly after our flight landed.
It was bedtime at home, but in Hawaii it was only 4 or 5 p.m.
This is what ZJ does when he's tired:
He gently rubs his face on my face or shirt. He's such a good boy. I should have known he'd be just fine on the flight. The time difference was more of a struggle, but we just got up very early every day.
Our first day we decided to hang out at our hotel and check out the shops nearby. We also went swimming, which ZJ loved! Check out these little wrinkly swimmer feet: 
More to come soon...
Oh how cute! How fun that you guys got to do that!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun family vacation! I'm glad that ZJ did so well on the plane. I remember people being surprised that we took B with us to Hawaii but he had SO much fun that we could never have imagined not including him!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Love those wrinkly toes. :)
what a perfect place for a first family vacation!
ReplyDeletethat is the perfect first family vacay! can't wait to see more pics!
ReplyDelete